Holden Industries, Inc., is committed to maintaining Corporate Social Responsibility by applying socially and environmentally responsible practices to everyday production. Each company strives to operate ethically and contribute to economic development while bettering the quality of life for their workforce and the community in which it is located.
Each of our businesses have developed policies and procedures to adapt to the green initiative and reduce their impact on the environment.
Listed below are each of Holden’s core companies and a few of their Social Responsibility Efforts:
- Employee-based Green Team institutes recycling programs in all facilities to reduce carbon emissions.
- Recycling of our post-production refuse (printing plates, electronics, solvents, wood, plastic, paper, steel and batteries.
- Research and implementation of products with minimal VOCs, such as UV ink.
- Recycling programs help dispose of waste paper/ cardboard/ vendor supplied catalogs, used florescent lights, metal chips and non-ferrous aluminum/bronze/copper
- Hazardous and non-hazardous (used oil/ coolant) waste is collected and an outside vendor disposes/recycles per regulations.
- Installed surge protection and single phase "shutdown" protection. (saves on motors, drives, plc's, etc.)
- Reduced amount of paperwork provided to manufacturing. Previously printed paperwork included all detail drawings, now only prints of the spindle shaft and housing are included. This new process reduced the print output by approximately 70%.
- The use of efficient hydro static drives and larger capacity hydro static pumps allow the systems to perform at much lower engine RPM resulting in a significant reduction in fuel consumption.
- Converting all machine and engineering paper files to electronic files.
- Using zero phosphate cleaner in our wash system to help promote healthy water ecosystems
- Recycling all e-waste streams, including batteries and products brought in by employees
- Upgraded equipment to reduce power usage (VFD drive equipment and LED lighting inside/outside our buildings)
- Use low VOC paint to reduce air pollution
- Using mist lubrication systems on our cutting equipment that use small amounts of sustainable soy based oil instead of traditional cutting oils