Nosco recently installed a J-Pack Folding Carton Packer at its carton facility in Bridgeview, Illinois. The packer, manufactured by Graphic West Packaging Machinery, LLC, is a new generation folding carton packer that automates the collection of cartons at the end of the line, packaging them in their final shipping cases.
After the initial launch of the packer, Nosco achieved:
• Increased product consistency (quality).
• Enhanced safety and ergonomics.
• Reduced WIP and improved cycle / lead times.
CONTINUED AUTOMATION AT NOSCO
In addition to the J-Pack installation, Nosco has several future automation initiatives in the works, including:
• Implementation of process engineering software to support faster customer response times.
• Continued automation of front-end systems, and development of Esko automation systems.
• Auto-feed and auto-pack systems to support carton and enclosure value streams.
• Laser diecutting to support label and eCommerce initiatives.
• Automated cutting and trimming systems.
DID YOU KNOW?
Earlier this year, Nosco added a strategic initiatives general manager to the team! With over 40 years in the industry and a strong operations background, Bill Weernink is well-equipped to lead Nosco into the future of automation. In his role as General Manager of Strategic Initiatives, Bill supports multiple facets of the business, including automation projects, facility consolidation support and expansion consulting.
Bill holds a degree in graphic communications, and is an expert in the label industry – leading operations for numerous label and packaging companies throughout his career. When he is not in the office working on automation initiatives, Bill enjoys spending time at the lake with his family, sports cars and boating.