New technologies and changes in market demand have allowed Nosco to break into a new packaging category: digitally printed, child-resistant pouches. As such, 2020 is destined to be an exciting year, as Nosco moves further into printed flexible packaging.
As reported in our previous newsletter, Nosco is in the final stages of several child-resistant (CR) solutions for the healthcare industry, including:
- Reusable flexible pouches in multiple sizes and styles (three stand-up, one lay flat) –all with various CR closure options.
Once tested and approved, these products will be compliant with CFR – Title 16, Part 1700 Standards, and will be released in 2020.
ABOUT CHILD-RESISTANT PACKAGING
Previously used in more limited / specialty markets, child-resistant flexible pouches are now being utilized to keep various pharmaceuticals, natural health supplements, CBD products and other potentially dangerous items contained.
Child-resistant packaging, or “special packaging,” is referred to by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA) as packaging that is:
- Significantly difficult for children under five to open or obtain a toxic amount of the substance within.
- Usable / not difficult for the average adult to use properly.
Substances requiring special packaging include various:
- Over-the-Counter Drug Products
- Prescription Drug Products
- Controlled Substances
- Hazardous Household Products
Nosco will add even more value to this new product offering with its recently installed HP Indigo 20000 press for digital flexible packaging. The new asset brings the following to the world of special packaging:
- Faster lead times.
- Lower minimum order quantities.
- Elimination of costly plate-charges.
Nosco is more than excited to convert flexible packaging with the same quality and attention to detail as our cartons, labels and inserts. We look forward to working with you in 2020 and beyond!
For more information, or to arrange a meeting to discuss your specific needs, please contact: